Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Poolside Bag ...

is done......now I just need a pool !! 
I was really looking forward to this months Bag of the Month pattern because it was to be designed by Anna from Noodlehead. Don't get me wrong...I love all the other designers and have had the pleasure of either sewing some of their patterns or testing them....I know them!  But I have never sewn a pattern made by Anna, I have just admired them. I was really curious what she would come up with and how it was written. 

I am happy to say I was not disappointment. At first I thought it was a pretty simple tote bag but once I got sewing I discovered that it may be a simple design ( compared to a few of the other bags in the Bag of the Month ) but there is something special about it that makes me like it a lot ! I don't know if it is the size, or that it has a super good cut; fits under the arm perfectly, or the accents ?? Whatever it is, it all works great together and I love it!

This is a BIG bag!! 
Your really can use it for a day at the pool or beach....I tossed in a Sauna towel ( its big) and it hardly takes any room in it at all. Sunscreen, bottle of water, a book and some snacks would have no problem fitting in it to!
The one side of the bag has a zippered pocket...for your keys or valuables
The other side has a slip pocket, perfect to drop your sunglasses in !
I used decorator fabric; floor cloths from Lidl for the batting and I believe the lining fabric were sheets from Ikea and thick gray pleather. My bag has no problem standing up by itself!!
I used the pleather for the handles and accents. I had no trouble sewing the pleather on the accents parts (actually I was really surprised how well it worked with Annas instructions) ....
....but the handles almost killed me...sewing through 8 layers of pleather put my machine to the test but we did it ! 
I am really pleased with the outcome!

Now that my bag is done...who has the pool ?? 
I promise not to wear a bikini!! 

Hugs,


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful bag and love your fabric. You even managed to put in a sort of a polka dot in there LOLLLL I don't have a pool but the beach is just across the road from me and where I am you won't have to worry about bikinis LOLL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,
    this bag is beautiful! Would be a wonderful shoppingbag for my mum ;O)
    Ich wünsche Dir einen schönen und fröhlichen Tag!
    ♥ Allerliebste Grüße, Claudia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,
    I need a pool too!!!
    LG
    Valomea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, was für eine großartige Tasche, die will ich auch:-))
    Schön das Deine Muse wieder da ist!
    Liebe Grüße
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really classy with the pleather. I love this bag, too. Great fabric and work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fabric choices Liz. I have no pool or beach here, but it is a great bag for a picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Liz,
    looks great and perhaps a pool is not as far away as you think.
    Hugs
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous fabrics!! Love it. Yay for you getting those handles done in pleather!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...