Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Sea of red & white....

sorry I disappeared there for a while.....but I am back!!
A lot has been going on...we took a little vacation, I tested some bags, hide from the heatwave, enjoyed some some lovely summer days with friends....I have so much to tell you ....

First I want to share pictures of our quilt meeting. We are a group of about 25 women. We meet once a month at someone's house... usually about 8-10 show up to a meeting. I picked June for my meeting month since I figured we could have it outside ...never did I imagine that 20 women would show up !! I borrowed every table & chair my neighbors had!

To make the meeting more fun, I gave it a theme...everyone had to come in "red & white" ...I didn't care if their undies were red & white but something on them had to be red & white ...Polka dots were not a must ! ...even if they are my favorite !

Here's the garden before the "Sea off red & white" arrived!!!
...and then they came.....I was amazed that everyone was in red & white !! !! 

After coffee & cake I put the ladies to work...they had to sew strawberries...

In all the fun I forgot to take pictures of the strawberries together...but here are a few....

......everyone had fun and I even got spoiled with " red & white " hostess gifts ...its amazing but no two polka dot fabrics are the same ! 
Don't you just love the basket !

Just in case your wondering ...I did paint my nails in red & white  polka dots ...what else !! 

Hugs,

P.S: I asked all the ladies if it was OK to post their pictures here and they gave me their OK ! ...no trying to sue me in a year!! LOL

10 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,
    glad to see you back again :O)
    Love your Red-and White meeting, looks so funny and I love your Polka Dot Gift, really wonderful!
    And I am looking forward for your next posts with all your news!
    Have a lovely afternoon,
    big hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz, nice to read about your activities again. I looked at the girls in your garden: I know many of them very well and I remember all nice hours I spent with them otherwere ;-)
    hugs and belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you from Silke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deine Fingernägel sind super! Das sieht nach einem gelungenen Treffen aus, ihr hattet bestimmt jede Menge Spaß zusammen!
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks beautiful Liz. And what an amazing hostess gift. How did they ever know???? Great nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Liz- wie wundervoll!!!
    Da wäre ich auch gerne dabei gewesen!!!:)
    Sei lieb gegrüßt von Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a fun day, thanks so much
    I'm still taking off dots from my shirt ;-)
    xxx
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tolle Fotos, super Idee, wäre gern dabei gewesen, liebe rot-weiß;-) Deine Nägel sind das I-Tüpfelchen zu dem tollen Meeting. Alles Gute nachträglich zu deinem Geburtstag.
    Liebe Grüße aus dem Norden
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's what I call the perfect day. Friends, coffee, CAKE!!!! followed by sewing, glorious weather in such a pretty setting and gifts to top it all off. Everything looks beautiful. Love the pincushions and your nails are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just one thing missing from this perfect day. ME!!! LOLLL

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...