Thursday, June 26, 2014

Stow it all tote....


When Christine of ChrisWDesigns had asked, who had time to test her new pattern ...I really wanted to say no, ( am so behind on the Bag of the Month club ) but since it was Christine, I knew it would be a great design ...and I would end up kicking myself in the butt if I didn't do it....I am glad I listened to my instinct....no butt kicking here!!

When I got the pattern I knew right away that I was going to use this bright funky fabrics for it...do you recognize the Ikea fabric???
...the front has a large pocket that is divided into 3 sections...the middle one has a turn-lock on it ( my first time installing one...easier then I thought.)
The back also has 3 more pockets
And no interior would be complete without a few more pockets!!!
The pattern also has a zippered pocket on the inside but I decided to make 2  sew-on pockets since the lining is black ( I don't like black linings on my bags since I can't find anything..its like a black hole) and I figured it would brighten it up in there a bit!!
I had quilted the black outer fabric a bit to give it some texture
 and a bright zipper for pfiff !....it was hard not using a red one but I thought bright green one fit better!
...the straps got a little bling bling but for all the crazy colors you can nearly see it ....I now its there!
This has to be the brightest bag I have sewn to date...and I like it !!

This is a good size tote....  Approx. 41cm W x 31cm H x 11.5cm D  (16W x 12H x 4.5D)
As all of Christine's Patterns...it is really well written. There are approx. 60 pages to the pattern ...44 pages filled with pictures.  This is one of her easier patterns...I would say even a confident beginner would have no problem.
I have to admit when I test Christines patterns, I have to force myself to actually read the instructions since there are soooo many pictures that I just look at them and sew away!...shhhh, don't tell her!!

Pop over to Christine's Blog...have a look at all the colorful versions the fabulous testers made....and don't forget to sign-up for her newsletter and get 20% off the pattern.
Happy Sewing!!

Hugs,



4 comments:

  1. I love this bag, too. It looks great in all of the bright colors. I bet you will get a lot of compliments everywhere you take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eine super Tasche hast du genäht und so schöne Stoffe.
    LG
    Gitta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,
    this is a GEORGEOUS TOTE! Wonderful! I love the fabrics you choosed!
    Very well done!
    Happy evening,
    Big hugs,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...