Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Winning is great !!!!

If anyone tells you different, they are lieing !! 
Everyone loves to win a prize and I am no exception except I am always so surprised when I do.

Last year, I was one of the lucky winners in Sara Lawsons "Purse Palooza" contest. 
I can honestly say I never expected to win. 
There were soooo many beautiful bags in the contest (219 !!) 
You can imagine my surprise when I won second place. ..I was over the moon! Amazed but over the moon!!!
The prizes packs were fabulous...3 Pat Bravo sewing patterns (La Boheme Skirt, Barcelona Bag, and Capri Bag), a pack of Pat Bravo Aurifil Threads  and 10 Pat Bravo fat quarters.
In addition, the 1st prize – 4th prize winners will also receive a copy of my new book, Big-City Bags!
.....I was especially looking forward to the Aurfil threads...I have never sewn with them so I was really excited to trying them out... 

Sara's book arrived fairly quickly but the box of the goodies got lost in the mail ...it never arrived (turned out Customs misplaced them ...thats what they tell me) 

I had forgotten all about it till a couple of weeks ago, when I was informed that I had won on Sew Mama Sew ....a FQ Bundle of Sara's Jungle Ave fabrics !! 
Once again you can imagine my surprise...what are the chances !! A billion to one ??

Best of all ...today,  the mailman delivered two packages ...the long lost package and Sara's FQ bundle !!
 I can't even tell you how happy I was to rip them open!!

Ohhhh...what beautiful fabrics!! threads ! patterns, and a book...what more can a girl wish for her birthday ???
The gods must be smiling down on me.....what should I play with first ???

Hugs Happy me!!! 


8 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,
    Congratulations! Such a wonderful set! You lucky one!
    So .....happy sewing :O)))
    Have a lovely afternoon,
    Hugs
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it really your birthday too Liz? Happy Birthday or Happy un-birthday as the case may be. Congratulations too because those are awesome prizes. I have won a few small giveaways, but it really must be thrilling to get so much all at once. Enjoy the goodies and I hope to see your lovely creations made from them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh du Glückspilz - da werd ich glatt ein bisschen neidisch ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Liz!! It must have been hard waiting so long for the first package to arrive, but now to get all of it at once makes it even more fun. Enjoy and Happy B-day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a very lucky girl *smile*
    Happy Birthday dear Liz and congratulations to these wonderful prizes!
    Really beautiful fabrics, wonderful patterns, thread and I think the book is awesome. Have fun playing with it all!
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed you. So cool the "red party". You must have felt like a queen. And you waited so long for your prize, oh my!! But is great you finally received it and the new prize. You'll get some happy sewing done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What a treat to receive TWO packages--in one day! I'm so glad that the lost package did finally find its way to you. Enjoy all your goodies and the blessings of the new projects to come.

    Krista

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...