Saturday, September 20, 2014

Spectrum Tote....

is a fun easy tote bag by Sarah of Cozy Nest Designs....
Originally I had planned on making this tote in lovely shades of blues & greens but one of the other testers (Judith) beat me to it !!
This meant I had to come up with plan "B"...I decided to go in the opposite direction and use the bias strips as the spectrum of color!
I was thinking of a rainbow as I was sewing it but now I think of a box of Crayola Crayons !
Either way I like it..its bright, its fun!

Regardless which color Spectrum you make this bag in ...it will look fabulous...if you don't believe me...check out the other testers totes...

I can see this tote looking great in Christmas fabrics....and it is big enough ( 18"w X 15" H without handles)  to tote all your gifts in...
or for those lucky enough to live in warm climates..it could be a big beach bag...that is a huge beach towel in there...
What I love about this pattern is that it was fast & easy to sew....( machine quilting excluded) and it looks great when your done.
I used normal cotton fabrics and Thermolan ( Lidl Bodentuch) for the batting and it stands up on its own.
Sarah's instructions are easy to follow, with lots of drawings & web based photo tutorials ( those are cool) ....I think anyone can make this bag...even a real beginner...just follow the steps....or should I say Rainbow ??

If you want to make your own Spectrum Tote...You can get the pattern here....
Happy Sewing!
Hugs,


8 comments:

  1. Great blog, Liz! Loved the way your bag came out and the quilting was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Liz,
    die Taschen-Queen hat wieder zugeschlagen: eine richtig tolle Tasche ist das geworden. Sieht auch innen super schön aus und groß!!!
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bag. I can't wait to make another as my daughter kept mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TT!!!!! TOLLE TASCHE!!!
    Liebe Grüsse von Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz I love your bag, it's gorgeous, I love black and with the rainbow strip looks great. And the lining fabric is lovely, perfect for the bag

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Liz. As the testing went on the selections became more creative. I love the colors that you used. And the quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Liz,
    ich finde die Tasche großartig!
    Hugs
    Marle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love this bag - it's going right to the top of my "I want to make " list!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...