Monday, October 27, 2014

Crimson & Clover Train Case...

Once again Sara of Sew Sweetness came up with an adorable bag (case) pattern....I couldn't wait to make it.
I have wanted such a case for a while... I jump right on it...I was picking out my fabrics before the printer was done printing the pattern....
As you can see...I decided to go with a wild retro red upholstery fabric....I love it !
The days may be gone when ladies carried their make-up in a train case but it is perfect for todays sewer...for her sewing supplies &  projects. Or for her make-up!

The pattern comes with 3 sizes ( small, medium & large) I made the medium version ( hope to make the small one since I think it would be adorable)
The medium is ...8" long x 5" tall x 6 deep...a good size case
I would classify this as an advanced pattern...it wasn't difficult but due to the piping, 2 way zipper and turning the whole thing you do need some bag making knowledge...or a lot of coffee !!

The lid has a zippered pocket in it...I decorated it with a few charms & labels ...I think a pincushion or needle book attached would also look cute  ....
The inside has tons of little pockets to fill with all your goodies...
I was feeling brave.....so I decide to use faux leather of the handle & piping.... I didn't cut the piping on the bias...the faux leather had enough stretch in it to go around the corners....no problem!
Sara also shows you a cool way to do the piping so you don't have a overlap seam....this was new for me.
  I didn't have a two way zipper, so I used two metal zippers and overlapped them in the middle...viola
The only changes I made to the pattern where ..... I made the handle opening closer together to accommodated for my fat little hands...and I added a old thin plastic cutting board to the bottom of the case for stability and feet to make it pretty. I also used two layers of headliner for the sides of the case ( one layer was a bit thin for my liking) I am sure if you use  Soft & stable as Sara recommends you don't have to double it up.

I really enjoyed making this case...I think its a must have for any sewer...a great Christmas gift !!


You can grab you copy here....happy sewing !!

Hugs,






17 comments:

  1. Hi Liz

    Love this bag!!!
    You can make one for me!!

    Hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Liz- der HAMMER!!! unter Deinen eh schon tollen Taschen! Was für ein tolles Exemplar von Koffer!!!
    Liebe Grüße von Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,
    oh this is such a georgeous bag!
    I Love the way you styled the Top inside :O)
    A really wonderful Christmas Gift!
    Wishing you a nice evening,
    sending Big hugs
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz that is a great bag. I have so many bags for holding my sewing and knitting that I don't need any more. Still if I did want another one I might try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liebe Liz,
    das ist ein super-mega-tolle Tasche!!!!!
    Gefällt mir soooooo gut.So viele schöne Details.
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about it...shape, pattern, colors. And the red polka dots in the interior were not a surprise but look just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Great for storing different things while it looks great. Of course the red polka dots gives it your signature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool bag! Love your version, I had just seen the whole group on Sara's site. I really like the way the faux leather looks. As always, reading your blog was a treat; great idea to use two zippers.Guess this pattern needs to go on my wish list. I now have so many patterns on my list, I will need to live to be 150 in order to sew them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Your taste in colour and style is impecable as is your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's Gorgeous! You really make them so professionally, Liz! Your piping and leather touches are amazing!
    I love your new blog appearance, too!. Cool with the Moments embroidered!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Liz,
    I love the bag you made - it looks SO professional!! I used to sew a lot but haven't done so for several years. There was a time I would have tackled a project like this but now I'm not so sure. You've certainly given me ideas though!! Thankyou,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hallo Liz,
    da hast du wieder einen tollen Koffer genäht. Der Außenstoff war bestimmt nicht sooooo einfach zu verarbeiten.
    LG Evi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it Liz, you did a great job like always

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a great bag, I really like it.

      Delete
  15. I love the little bling you added to the top lid, makes it extra cute. I also love the zippers you used, can I ask where you got them from?

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's amazing .. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...