Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Serendipity Hip ...

...is the perfect little hip bag!!!

When Christine of ChrisWDesigns asked me to test this pattern...little did I know it would be one of my favorite patterns...not only was it easy and fast to sew ( and didn't need a lot of fabric ) .......it is the perfect size; if your like me and don't need to carry tons of stuff...or if once in a while you just need a little bag.....
 W 20cm X H 25cm X D 4.5cm. (W 8" X H 10" X D 1¾”)  
 When I saw the pattern I knew I had to make it out of this plaid tweed & suede...perfect for fall!

The bag may be small in size but its packed with details.....the front has a zipper pocket, a slip pocket and a little pocket for your cell phone...a lovely curved top and an adjustable strap...perfect to wear  cross body while shopping or at a fair.
The inside has a zipper pocket ...and a couple of card slots.....
Christine is expecting to see some red on the inside of my bag...sorry to disappoint you Christine...no red this time...I just couldn't get it to fit in...the best I can do is my red Phone & eBook reader...

The bag is rated intermediate ( because of the zippers) but I found it easy...if you can sew a zipper, you will have no problem...even the curved one was not an issue...
The pattern is wonderfully written with tons of pictures ( seam allowances are included)....the hardest part of this bag is deciding which fabric to use....

If you don't believe me....check out the other testers versions. ...*here*...the possibilities are endless

What color would you do it in ??? Should I try one in pleather ???

Hugs,



13 comments:

  1. No red but I see polka dots!! LOL. Plaid is back! Great version of the Hipster. I love it! And yes, try the pleather, I know I will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,
    what a wonderful Bag! I Love it! Well, I would do it in Black, it is my favorite Colour for bags ;O)
    Pleather will be lovely too, I am sure!
    Happy sewing day to you,
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe LIz,

    eine wunderschöne Tasche hast du genäht....die würde mir auch sehr gefallen!

    Liebe Grüße
    Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wieder eine sehr schöne Tasche. Gute Idee, einen Tweedstoff zu verwenden.
    Liebe Grüße Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz, you did it perfect, the fabric looks very good in harvest.
    hugs
    Silke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was surprised you didn't use red Liz. I think the plaid does look great and I will be waiting to see if you do make one in pleather and how easy nit sews in pleather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful with the tweed and suede touches!! This looks like an awesome pattern...have to put it on my "to do " list! You make your bags looks so professional and perfect, Liz!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz that fabric is gorgeous !!! I was thinking in made one in pleather too it'll look nice for sure. You did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHAT! No RED! I can hardly get over that! LOLLL I guess I will have to be satisfied with the red accessories...... Thanks for testing for me Liz! :) LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your bag Liz. Nice to see I've influenced you in your colour choices LOLL. I'm hoping to finish mine tonight and it's very different from what I normally make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liz, love your version. Wish I had been a tester for this one, it looks perfect for me! Like your fabric and colors! Have to add this pattern to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liebe Liz,
    das ist eine wunderschöne, kleine, aber doch geräumige Tasche und wie immer soooo schön genäht!!!
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...