Friday, December 19, 2014

Take off Bag...

I can't even tell you how happy I was to be able to test Erin's ( Dog Under My Desk) newest bag pattern.

Here is the "Takeoff Tote" ...it is perfect for traveling!
 Your gonna love this pattern...it is fast, it is easy, it is practical and most of all it looks good!

This is a good size bag...bigger then it looks ( 16″ wide x 12″ tall x 5.5″ deep)

What I really love about this bag is on the back is a luggage handle pocket...it slips right over the handle of your suitcase...this way it says put...no more purse falling left & right when your running through the airport ! Brilliant!!
If you don't travel..you can always sew the bottom of the handle pocket closed and just have a pocket...double brilliant !

The inside has a big pocket divided into compartments ...I made one big enough to hold my iPad...the other side is great for your passport.
The front also has a quick zippered pocket...perfect of your ticket or boarding pass?

I love the triangular sides...
I had a lot of fun sewing the bag...the instructions are so well written ( with 1000's of pictures) there is no way anyone would have trouble making it.
Whether you travel or not...you need this bag!

I used denim like fabric for the exterior.... faux leather handles ...cotton interior and headliner for batting. I also used a metal zipper for the top ( which I wouldn't recommend, its to heavy ) but I didn't have a purse zipper in turquoise. It always amazes me that no matter how many zippers in various colors I have ..I ever have the one I want!

You can find the pattern *here* ...its on sale till Dec 25th, 2014!

Happy Sewing !!




9 comments:

  1. Great job! The fabric is very interesting too. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The fabric looks awesome! Her patterns are written very well. She writes very clear instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Liz. I knew you would like a DUMD pattern. Erin does a great job. Love the look of this bag. Well thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz,
    this is great! another wionderful Bag!
    Wishing you a happy 4th Advent-Weekend!
    Hugs
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I might *need* that - off to follow the link!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, Beautiful bag. Your denim-like fabric looks like a faux leather in the photos...very cool. Have this pattern on my wish list. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bag is beautiful Liz. Love the colours you chose. Blues are my favourite and the pleather handle really finishes it off. I particularly like the triangle shape, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liebe Liz,
    das ist ein wirklich ganz, ganz tolle Tasche!!!
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liz I love your bag is beautiful and I love that fabric combo. I can't wait to make one for me !!
    How I told you I'm planing to add a crossbody strap, I'm thinking to add tabs to the sides near the top, maybe it works well

    Marry Christmas !!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...