Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Amelia Hobo Bag...

Whether your a beginner or advanced sewer your going to love this pattern....it is fast, easy & fun to sew... and looks great !

When Maria of Delinda Boutique had the pattern ready for testing I was in the middle of my sewing room renovations and couldn't do it...so when my room was done...it was the first thing I sewed...
 I had never sewn a Hobo style bag before and I was surprised how fast & easy it was ...but what I loved best was the extra "fif" that is added by the faux leather on the handle & bottom...it was easier to do then I expected.... the instructions are well written & filled with tons of pictures!
 ...I used a soft suede....
What I find great is that the pattern says you can use different fabrics...silks, linens or cotton....I used a soft linen like fabric ( I think if for blouses ) because I just loved the colors and a super soft slippery red polka dot fabric for the lining ....which makes me smile when I look in....
Since it difficult to photograph the inside I have turned the bag inside out so you can see that I chose the quick simple version...with a slip pocket and magnet closure. The pattern comes with 3 variations....with an inner zipper, magnet closure or top zipper closure ...or a combination of any of them.
This bag is approx. 18" W x 21" H x 4" D (46cm x 53cm x 10cm)
If you would love to make this fun, fast Amelia Hobo Bag... the pattern is available *HERE* and *HERE*
Happy Sewing,

P.S: If your a fan of Delinda Boutique patterns like I am ...you might like to know she is having a Sewing contest...pop over to her Facebook page for more information...

5 comments:

  1. Hi Liz, good mormning,
    this Hobo-Bag is lovely! Great fabrics you choosed!
    HAve a happy sewing day,
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors and fabrics on the exterior, but I'm in love with the polka dots of the lining! Thank you, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool hobo. Love the fabrics and the suede makes it really pop! As always fine workmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool hobo. Love the fabrics and the suede makes it really pop! As always fine workmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even with all the sewing room renovations you had Liz, you still have made several bags recently. Okay so who is not sleeping now? LOL!!! I like the hobo bag and the fabric you chose is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...