Thursday, February 19, 2015

Sewing room is done

......as done as its gonna get for now!

I still have to do a few more things to do ...paint the wooden drawers...stitch a few pictures, organize a drawer or two ( Hubby has to shorten Billy cupboard) but for now this is as good as it gets...
...I need to sew !
I haven't turned my machines on in weeks and I am having serious withdrawals...
Enjoy the pictures.... my room won't look this clean again for a long time !!!( I promise)

Welcome to my new sewing room.....
 Crafting corner
 still have to set up my other machines...
I love the Alex drawers from Ikea...perfect for embroidery threads ....I wanted to line the drawers with anti-slip mats but I didn't have any so I used aluminum grilling forms...now my threads don't roll around so much...this works till I find a better solution.
View into sewing area from cutting table
I wish I could find a new cutting mat for the cutting table but its 31" x 59" (80cm X 150) not your normal size....maybe 2 pink ones but I'm not sure I'd like the seam in the middle ??
 View from Sewing area to cutting / storage area.
....Billy cupboards still has to be shortened...

 I put the fabrics in cupboard organizers, so I could pull out a box ...pick what I wanted and put it back ...easier then pulling out a whole stack of fabric & it falling on the floor!
Behind this cupboard is what I call my Storage area.....the drawers are also filled with fabrics...
...and my faux pleathers ...
Well thats the end of the tour of my sewing room...hope you liked it and it gave you some ideas for you own...now I am off to make a mess & sew!!

Happy Sewing!
P.S. I am linking this up with RUMS after all I did make this room for me.

23 comments:

  1. Wow, it's amazing! Now I see why it took so long to finish it, but worth every minute of waiting :-)
    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous! May you have countless hours of creativity in your new space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Liz,

    welch wunderschönes Nähzimmer es geworden ist....viel Spaß darin!

    LG Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks realy 'refreshed' with the green walls. I still miss the coffee machine and the guest chair. ;-)
    I'm jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your room Liz!!! If I had as much space as you have I would use some of your ideas. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz! Great sewing room! Why don't you out some feet on the storage behind the Billy bookshelf? Then you won't have to shorten the Billy. Just a thought.
    Karen at easypatchwork

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Idea Karen but the cutting table is the perfect height for me ( 35") raising it to the height of Billy would be to high for me :-(

      Delete
  7. Love it! Wish I could come over for a room warming party!!! I have two mats pushed together and the blade only missed a warp thread or two, if you can get a too big mat husband has discovered tin snips will cut them to size or shape

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liz,
    this is AMAZING! Such a wonderful sewing room! If I would have a room like this,I never would come out there ...LOL.........
    Happy sewing!
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't plan on coming out for a week...LOL

      Delete
  9. Love it! What a great space to create. Isn't it fun to know where everything is when your room is newly organized? What a lot of work but you must be so proud of the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ein wunderschönes Nähreich! Beneidenswert! Ich wünsche Dir viel Zeit, um darin kreativ zu sein.
    LG faedchen

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful place to be creative! I love all your storage ideas, unfortunately I don't have a nice big room. Enjoy every minute in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liebe Liz,
    du hast wirklich ein tolles, wunderschönes Nähreich. Ich wünsche dir ganz viele Inspirationen und schöne, entspannte Stunden darin.
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW - ein Traum!!!
    Viel Spaß in dem tollen Zimmer wünscht Dir
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! So nice. If that were my room I will be there all the time. It makes me want to visit. Well, with so many pictures I guess I did and didn't touch a thing. LOL Enjoy it to the max. Lovely. Like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hallo Liz,
    da würde ich mich auch wohl fühlen.
    Ein Traum von einem Nähzimmer.
    LG
    Gitta

    ReplyDelete
  16. Liz,
    Du hast Dir viele Gedanken über einen idealen Nähraum gemacht und nun hast Du ihn. Einige Ideen werde ich gerne übernehmen. Rutschhemmende Matten unter den Fäden ist eine davon.
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations !! and thanks for the inspiration ... I'm trying to tidy my studio up a bit, and when I look at your pics, it can be done ...

    have fun sewing !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super, super schön liebe Liz,
    ich wünsche dir viele, viele glückliche und kreative Stunden und Jahre in deinem neuen Sewingstudio ♥
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful sewing room, it should be in a magazine! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...