Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sewing room ...remodeling part 2

A couple of weeks ago I got this great idea ( with the help of my hubby) to remodel my sewing room...What the heck were we thinking !!
Everyone knows a remodeling job takes twice as long & cost twice as much as planned ...the costs I managed to control a bit ( but I am not done yet )...and no matter how much we worked on the room it never ended.

I figured I had to show you what we have been up to....

Ceiling were painted ( I hate ceiling and slanted ones are not back friendly!!) 
...then came some color...... love this light shade of green...makes me think of spring!
In german they say "green is the color of Hope"...thats true...I hope the room will be done soon!

As you know I had the great idea to white wash my furniture ....
Surprisingly this was super easy to do...for the white wash I did about a 50/50 mixture of normal white paint to water ( I used the rest of the ceiling paint)

....then I made the mistake of applying to much paint to the apothecary cupboard...and as I tried sanding some of it off...viola...I liked the look even better!!!
....a new plan was born ...
Now everything was painted with 100% white paint ( not diluted) I have to admit if I had planned this from the beginning I would of used a different paint ( a latex semi gloss for bathrooms...this way it would be washable and I would of saved myself the varnish stage ) ...thats what I get for changing my mind !
The roller & brush went into full time action ( actually it goes quicker than you think)
 Either way I am happy with the results......
 
I enjoyed the sanding ( distressing part) but I hated the dust it made ( I would recommend this part outside but since it is winter and there was NO way we were carrying all the cupboards & desks down the stairs & outside...I closed all the doors...opened windows...covered everything...and sanded away...cleaning up sucked ! ...but with all good things come some bad !
 I painted, sanded & varnished ( only the tops ...I'm not totally nuts)
...2 bookcases
...6 cupboards
...5 desks
I am ready to set up the furniture & decorated...enough work!

Happy Sewing! 
(if I ever find my machine?)


9 comments:

  1. Liebe Liz... UMWERFEND!!!!
    hach, so wünschte ich auch mir mein Nähreich mit viel Licht und weißen Möblen:))
    Es wird toll, und Du wirst die glücklichste Frau der Welt sein:)
    Sei herzlich gegrüßt von Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boah, was für eine Arbeit Liz...
    ABER es wird so so schön!!!
    Ich freue mich auf die nächsten Fotos.
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Liz,
    your sewing room will look fantastic, when it's done! Love the green colour on the walls and the white furnitue!
    What a wonderful room!
    Happy doing!
    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room is going to be so great. I love all of the furniture. So back breaking but you are going to be the envy of us all when you get done. Can't wait to see it when it is all put back together. I'm sure you are ready to get back to sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed. You'll need to have a friend over to help organize the fabric when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know your room will look amazing in the end. I like the green walls and what you have done so far. I know it'a a lot of work and that's why I just re-organized my sewing space and didn't paint, etc. I couldn't go that long without sewing something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is looking great. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is looking great. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh, a lot of work, but I'm sure it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...