Saturday, February 14, 2015

Sewing room ...remodeling part 3

the sage continues....finally some light at the end of the tunnel...

...all the paint, sanding & varnishing is done...everything is cleaning up ( no matter how many drop clothes I use ...I am a messy painter ! )

Finally I can show you the "tentative" set up...
My room is approx. 4 meter x 8 meters ( 12 feet x 24 feet) and 3 meters(9')  wide on the other side .....one of the main reasons for redoing my room was that I needed more counter ( desk ) space....this is what we did.....
...lined the whole 4 meter wall with a table.... it is 90 cm (35") deep .... because of the slant we had to go deep ...I forgot to take before shots...it was unfinished wood that I painted white and varnished to protect it a bit.

The left side was also made the same wood....this will be my "crafting zone".....**Don't know why the wall looks a funny green..bad pictures ??**...walls are a soft mint green.
The right side my "sewing zone" ....
I divided the room into 2 areas...working & storage....on the other side is my cutting table and supplies....I used the one cupboard to create a room divider ...and this will create a great hiding place for all my faux leathers
 ** I'm not keen on the Billy bookcase at the end of my cutting table...My Hubby will have to cut it down or in the basement it goes?***

....I placed my apothecary cupboards in the slant section ...they store a lot of supplies

Now comes the fun part...putting everything back!! 
As I am "organizing my things ...my Hubby can build me 2 more Alex drawers for under the tables...the old wood ones have lived their life....besides I had to buy something new for the room.

Happy Sewing...I sure am missing my machine(s) !


10 comments:

  1. 12' x 24' !!! I am so jealous. Looking great, Liz. I would be in that room for days on end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooow, ein super schönes Nähzimmer wird es...!Es muss Freude bereiten, es neu einzuräumen!

    LG Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a wonderful makeover! My favorite aspects of it are the window at your sewing table and the apothecary cupboards. You and your husband have done a fantastic job--may you have many creative hours of sewing and crafting in your new room! :)

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great room! Would love something that size. I also really like how you separated your areas by function. Love the soft green walls with your white cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great room! Would love something that size. I also really like how you separated your areas by function. Love the soft green walls with your white cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am envious of the huge space you have and all the storage! My little room is less than half the size of your room. It is looking fabulous!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Liz..., ich möchte soooo gerne beim Einzug dabei sein! Gibst Du eine "Patry"???
    Das Einräumen all Deiner Schätze muß doch ein Riesenfest sein...
    Liebe Grüße von Angela, die total begeistert ist

    ReplyDelete
  8. Das ist ein TRAUM . Da macht das einräumen doch SPASS.
    LG
    Gitta

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's looking great! It's similar in size and shape to our bedroom- I wonder if husband would agree to swap so we sleep in the 6' square box room and I have this????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those apothecary cupboards are awesome. I want one!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...