Thursday, March 26, 2015

Ellory...

is in town & heads will turn!!
I had the pleasure of testing Ellory for Sarah of Cozy Nest Designs ....once again she has came up with another creative design.
Ellory is what I would call a normal size bag
14"W x 10.5"H x 4"D 
(36 x 27 x 10 cm)
But there is nothing normal about it ...it has 3 zippered pockets!
One on each side & in the center ...they are accented with piping which gives it a professional  look.
If you are afraid of zippers this bag is not for you but then again...once you have sewn this you'll have gotten over your fear of zippers!
Just kidding aside...The pattern calls for 2 zippers for each of the front & back pockets..If you don't need a 2 way zipper, one long one will work just as well. I use zippers by the meter so I just added a second zip. I know a lot of people are afraid of sewing two zippers together. Sarah's instructions are loaded with diagrams which make it easy. 
Even sewing the piping onto the zipper wasn't a problem...actually I found it cool! ...I made my piping from the same faux leather as the handles & tabs.
For this bag I used a really thick upholstery fabric for the outer, linen for the lining, 5mm headliner for the batting & faux leather for the piping, handles & tabs. 
Since my outer fabric was a bit "boring", I decide to machine embroider a simple design on it to give it a bit of pffff! 
(Machine embroidery design is Husqvarna Card #205 Black & White Art)

 The back is simple & sleek....
Love how the sides fold in to give is a designer look
I even added cute little feet to the bottom...
 This is not a pattern for a beginner.  But its not as bad as it looks. The only problems I had was when I didn't follow the directions ! The lining of the front & back pockets are hand sewn onto the zipper and I thought I would be clever & do it by machine...I will tell you don't try sewing it in by machine...there is a reason the instructions say to hand sew it..save yourself ripping it out and in the end doing it by hand. Thats what I get for thinking I am cleverer then the designer ! Sometimes you just got to do as your told! 

You can find the pattern on Craftsy 
Or in Sarah's Shop 
birdy banner 150x150
Hope you liked Ellory?!
Be sure to stop you Sarah's Blog to see all the other tester beautiful bags!  
Sarah was even crazy enough to make the whole thing out of vinyl! 

Happy Sewing,
P.S: I have  linked up with RUMS & TT- Taschen und Taeschchen

10 comments:

  1. Love your bag, Liz. One of these days I am going to embroider something on one of my bags and it is going to be all your fault! Love how your bags look with that extra something on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! This is gorgeous! You make such beautiful and professional bags, with the perfect pipings and zippers! Really love it!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bag. Someday I will finish the one I started as part of the pretest when the side pocket linings were still to be sewn in by machine and I never could get mine to look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bag. Someday I will finish the one I started as part of the pretest when the side pocket linings were still to be sewn in by machine and I never could get mine to look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bag. Someday I will finish the one I started as part of the pretest when the side pocket linings were still to be sewn in by machine and I never could get mine to look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Liz! The bag really looks professional. With the "simple embroidery" you can't tell is home made. I guess you'll be very proud using it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please stick a big red "Benta wants this" label in the pocket for when you get bored with this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful Liz. Love the embroidery on it and your piping is perfect. Not sure I'd be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...