Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sugar & Spice...

I can't believe I haven't posted all week...I have been busy testing patterns ( lots to show you soon) but at least I  can show you a bag I finally make for myself.
The pattern is called Sugar & Spice ...by ChrisWDesigns and by now you know I love her patterns. I have made a bunch of her bags ... they are very well written ( she has a great group of testers.) Her patterns usually are piece intensive but produce a beautiful bag ! This one is no exception!

Here is my Sugar & Spice...isn't she sweet !
When I first saw the pattern I immediately fell in love with the piping & curved pockets...I love piping on bags, I find it makes them look fancier. Even if I do have to admit piping sometimes cases me trouble but for some reason it went smoothly this time ??
The front & back are the same with two beautiful curved pockets
 The inside also has more pockets...
 The top closes with a recessed zipper
 This is not a big bag..its what I would call a normal size bag... 14" x 8" x 3" ( 36cm x 20cm x 8cm)
I wish you could see how pretty the batiks, the crush fabric & the Westfallen fabrics are. I bought them at NaehstubchenUntermDach ....speaking of that ...Irmgard has Open house this weekend ...if your in the neighborhood...stop buy and say Hi :-)

****Das NähstübchenUntermDach hat Tag der offenen Tür. 14. & 
15. März, 2015  ..10:00 Uhr bis 17:00 Uhr..Es gibt neue Stoff-Serien, Elli-Rollen, Sonderangebote und eine 10 %-Aktion auf das reguläre Sortiment

Happy Sewing !!
 P.S: I am linking up with RUMS...after all I made it for me.

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Liz! Well done! Your piping looks fantastic, and it really sets the rest of the fabrics off nicely.

    I like your bag bling on the front--I wanted to see it more close up, but it's elusive in the photos. :)

    Looking forward to seeing what you've been working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schon woeder so eine schöne Tasche, Du brauchst sicher einen eigenen Schrank nur für Taschen, oder?
    LG Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,
    another lovely bag!
    Happy weekend to you!
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great as usual. It looks great with all those details like piping, quilted straps, etc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is stunning in your fabrics and colors and professional touches! Love it!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...