Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Sophia Beach Tote....

they tell me that Summer is coming...so I figured I better get ready in case it actually does come !!

What better way then with a new Beach / Swimming tote....here is Sophia !!
The pattern is by Swoon Patterns
This is a big bag !!! (18" x 18" ) 
I have two beach towels in there & there is still lots of room!
Just to show you how big...here is the outer fabric on my cutting table! I was worried at this point  but in the end it turned out to be a good size.
What I found cool about this pattern is that the straps are one long piece & they weave through little tabs & buttonholes which allows them to move to hold a towel or in my case ..my Aqua-jogging belt.
Tabs along the bottom ...
 Buttonholes or oval eyelets for the top...I opted for the eyelets because I was dieing to try them. I have to admit it took a bit for careful cutting ( a few prayers) to get them in ....I found stitching a few millimeters wider around oval marking, helped keep the 3 layers together & I could cutting the hole out easier...this is a test of patience..no quickie here!
The exterior normally has a pocket on the front but since I didn't want to take away from my cool hippy fabric...I put the pocket inside instead. 
The other side has a zipper pocket.
Since I had a little bit of fabric left over...I made a small pouch to go with it  ( for lotions & things)
I machine embroidered a little design on it...sorry I don't remeber where I got it from ...it was a freebie from somewhere ??
The pattern was easy to sew. I used faux leather for the handles & bottom,  deco fabric for the exterior ( I got it a the Fabric market in March), cotton for the interior & thermalan for the batting (Bodenvlies) 
Summer can come..I am ready !!
( this would also make a great yoga bag for those that can bend their bones! )
Happy Sewing !

*** I am linking up with TT- Taschen und Täschchen





8 comments:

  1. the bag looks great........well done...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright and cheerful. I love it Liz. I am currently making a Swoon Bag that Is new to me. Another fun color of faux leather, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I Love this! I really like the straps what a great idea. And your colors are perfect. The umbrella bag makes a terrific addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bag and little pouch combo! I love the faux leather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! And so fun! I love that pink faux leather, too. I also love your little matching pouches.
    You are amazing!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bag! Love all your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bag! Love all your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...