Thursday, May 28, 2015

My Bella...

is my newest bag.
I can't believe I have had this pattern for over 3 years and haven't sewn it till now.
Christine of ChrisWDesigns is having a Sew Along for the Bella Bag...so I figured now was a good time as any to make it !

I have to tell you... right now I am like Rumpelstitskin.....I love my Bella!!
I don't know why it took my so long to sew it ...the pattern is fast & easy !!
The hardest part was putting in the rivets ( rivets hate me) and they aren't even part if the pattern...just my clever idea ...grrrr!!

Bella has a big front pocket...a zippered pocket on the back.
....and nice gathers pockets on the side!
True to Christine's style...
3 more pockets on the inside. The zippered one was a new technique for me. 
I decided this bag would be a perfect everyday jeans bag .....even though I had always thought I would make this bag in red...this time I decided to make it in this denim print & blue faux leather...I had just bought these fabrics to make myself a wallet...instead I turned into this bag ! ( must of been Rumpelstitskins magic touch ). I also used a 3mm headliner for the batting to give it a bit of hold. I made the straps using the 3 fold mention described in my tutorial.....

...but I did add a touch of red!  Maybe the next one will be red with a touch of blue ??
This was my first time putting in grommets...way easier then I thought...but I'll tell you making that first cut into a finished purse is really tough!!! I did a test run on a scrap then jumped it with both feet ( Ok, I said a few prayers first) But it worked!! I might even trust myself to sew a bucket bag now!?
I had a lot of fun making this bag...
As always, Christine's pattern is filled with well written instructions & tons of pictures...
If you would like to make your own Bella...you better hurry up since Christine is going to retire this pattern ..I don't know why..its such a great bag ( I'll have to talk to her about that)
...I really love my Bella!

Happy Sewing 

P.S: I'm linking tup to : RUMS #22/15 & TT - Taschen und Täschchen

4 comments:

  1. I love it, Liz. The faux leather and the denim are a great combination. I knew you would love it. I am going to try to fit one in before the next test bag but I better hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I love the materials chosen. I also have the pattern and haven't used it yet. Shame on me! My right shoulder doesn't like installing grommets :-( so maybe I'll use some other way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Liz! My daughter is loving the one I made for her and I am making me one now too in blue. Great minds think alike because I also thought it would be great to wear with jeans too! I really like the faux leather on your Bella. I might make a 3rd one with some faux leather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Bella. Sorry to be missing this sew along. Still need to order the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...