Monday, June 22, 2015

Sharona Hobo Bag...

I  love the designs Maria of Delinda Boutique comes up with ...the Sharona Hobo Bag is no exception.

When I saw the pattern, I knew which fabric I wanted to use...I had this rust colored upholstery suede I was dieing to try...the only problem was I didn't have a print to go with it ..then I found this giraffe  fabric in my stash ( not my usually fabric)  & knew it would be perfect for a girlfriend that is an Africa fan...a new bag was born!
I really like that the front has a BIG pocket...
 I also love how the gusset has a squared off look...originally I wanted to make the gusset in faux leather but in my euphoria of cutting, I forgot!!!...so the bag is made all in one fabric. Which I think also looks good.

  The back has a zipper pocket...I think it looks so classy!
 The inside also has a few pockets ( which a girl can never have enough of) The pattern has a slip pocket & a zipper pocket on the inside....I left off the zipper pocket & instead used the pattern piece from the exterior pocket & added it to the interior...divided it into a couple of sections ( for iPad, pen & anything else she might need?) viola tons of pockets!!
The only other change I made was I added 2" to the shoulder strap...my girlfriend has " healthy breast" so she needs longer straps ! 

When Maria ask me to test the pattern she said it was a quick sew...I didn't believe her since I sew slow...but I have to admit, it was a quick sew. The pattern is well written with every step explained ....TONS of pictures!! A beginner would have no problem sewing this bag!! 
Even though this is an easy bag to sew  I love the classic simple look. I can see this bag is all kinds of colors & a great showcase for pretty big bold prints on the pocket or machine embroidery...tons of possibilities!

***The bag is 14 inches (36 cm) across the widest part, 13 inches (33 cm) across the narrowest part, 3 1/2 inches (9 cm) deep and 10 1/2 inches (27 cm) high*** ..a good size bag!!

If you would like to make your own Sharona Hobo bag...you can find the pattern ...**HERE** ...be sure to check out the other testers version! 

Happy Sewing !
P.S.I didn't use any batting or headliner since the faux suede was thick enough.



5 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful! I am looking forward to making another :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,
    your new Bag is lovely!
    Happy sewing week,
    Hugs
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bag!! You did a great job making it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bag! It looks great. As always, your workmanship is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...