Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Penny Inn...

is not a lovely Bed & Breakfast in England or Australia but Junes's Bag of the Month pattern.
Christine of ChrisWDesigns made sure the BOM ended with a bang!!
and...this pattern is a banger !!

Technically its not a bag or purse but a Wallet !...but one heck of a wallet !!
This wallet / clutch is perfect...
..it holds your cell phone
..more credit cards then I need
..cash 
..change
..receipts 
and if we had let Christine have her way, it would also hold the kitchen sink !!!

As always, when I test a pattern for Christine, she says NOT to use our good fabrics ...and as always, I don't listen to her...since I know its going to turn out great.
I have had this lovely butter soft faux leather that I had been dieing to make something with and this wallet seemed perfect for it. I am so glad I didn't listen to Christine & used my good fabrics.....
The back has a couple small D-Rings so you can attach a cross body strap or a wrist strap.
When you first open the wallet this is what you see...tons of pockets!!
There are two zippered pockets in the middle ....one for cash & one for change.
...slots for our credit cards & another pocket for your cell phone
...if that isn't enough...open the snap closure...more pockets / slots  (The one pocket is a Supplement pattern that Christine will be offering later on her FB page) I decided to make it since I don't have that many credits cards and didn't need a lot of slots.
the snap pocket has a couple slots & a pocket inside ...

we're not done yet...another zippered pocket & more card slots  ( for the cards you use everyday) & an ID slot
All of this is wrapped up in this beautiful exterior...
Don't you just love the bling bling of the metal corners!?
Now that I have flooded you with pictures...here comes some of the technical stuff...
Approx. size when closed and empty: W 21cm X 11cm X D 4cm (W 8 ¼” X H 4 3/8” X D 1 ½”)
I used Faux Leather for the exterior, Cotton of the interior,  Decovil for the stabilizer ( I didn't want to use it but Christine said to give it a try and I am glad I listened to her since I really like how it feels.)
***I am use to Christines intensive, millions of pictures, no detail left unturned,  type of patterns and I can tell you when I saw the 100 page pattern, I thought ...Christine you can't scare me that easy!. Yes, the test version was 100 pages !...but don't panic ...it is 90 pages now!! Totally manageable!! ***

I won't try & tell you that this as an easy pattern..it is not ..this is an Advanced pattern.
It may be overwhelming at first BUT if you "read" ( which sometimes I forget to do ) and follow the steps in order ( which I also don't always do) ...you will end up with a fabulous wallet ...which I think I did?!
Slow & steady wins this race...and when all else fails...use the hammer!!
Yes, I used this hammer on a few of the side seems since they were so thick ( due to the faux leather & suede) a few smacks & they flattened right out !
You know the saying...
...Walk softly & carry a big stick...
.....well, I believe in .....
....Walk softly & carry a big Hammer!! 

If you would love to make your own Penny Inn Wallet...you still have time to join the Bag of the Month club ( you'll get all the patterns right away) Or you have to wait till July 1st then all the patterns will be available from each designer!
I can't even tell you how much I love this wallet! 
It is so perfect !! 
I love the fabrics...I love the style ...I love all the pockets & compartments...I love the metal corners ...I just love it!!!!
Maybe Christine should of called it the Love wallet ??  
What do you think ??
I'll give you a penny for your thoughts!!

Happy Sewing!


P.S: I am linking up with creadienstag #178 & TT- Taschen und Täschchen 





















9 comments:

  1. Wow!! It looks, AMAZING! I cannot believe it is 90 pages though. Eeek! That scares me. :) Can't wait to download and check out. :) I always get excited to see what you have sewn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you know how much I love your version. It looks so great. You are a rebel...using those great fabrics! And these are some great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, your version is terrific!! You are really brave to use faux leather on this one. It really paid off because you ended up with an awesome wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz,
    this wallet is georgeous! Such a great work!
    Have a happy sewing week,
    Hugs,
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wieder einmal perfekt genäht und die Stoffe super gut ausgewählt. Liebe Liz, ch kann nur staunen!
    Hugs
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm, youngest complains no purse / wallet has enough space for all her cards , loyalty cards and gift cards, I wonder if some of that bag would be adaptable???? Something like a slim clutch, but just card slots?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Liz you are making me get braver about wanting to use some faux leather in a bag or wallet. I hope when I do use Faux leather that wahtever I make will look as good as your bags and wallets do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hammerstark, gefällt mir sehr gut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you I don't have a need for so many card slots & although I have the pattern from Bag of Month club I want the extra pocket supplement before I begin. Do you have any idea when it will be released & at what cost? Adore your version, that faux leather is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...