Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Varuna Bag...

is the newest pattern by Sydney of Cloudsplitter Designs.
When Sydney had a callout for testers I applied because when I saw the bag I knew right away what fabric I would use... I had just gotten this turquoise faux leather and I thought
 it would be perfect to  show off the pleats. I think it does that!?.
The bag is a good size ( 13" x 11" x 3" )

The back has a nice divided pocket.

The inside it filled with pockets..I love pocket dividers ( these are really easy to do !)

....the top has a recessed zipper so nothing falls out.
The bag goes together much easier & faster then I expected. The instructions are filled with pictures & well written...the pattern is rated Intermediate...which I find is correct ( if you have made a few bags and are not afraid of zippers you would have no trouble ..a very confident beginner wouldn't have a problem! )
If you like the bag...now is a great time to grab the pattern ..
Sydney is having a 50% off sale on the pattern for 48hrs...so hurry up an get your copy...you won't regret it !!

Happy Sewing !

....I used  faux leather for the exterior.
...cotton for the interior and no batting of any sort. 
...I did add a few rivets for "bling -bling " 


10 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a great bag and as usual, your sewing of it is wonderful Liz. Love that color too - I want this bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colour, wonderful material, wonderful bag! I would love to use this bag.

    LG

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Liz,
    die ist ja schön geworden !!!!!
    Wieviel Taschen hast du schon ???
    LG
    Gitta

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such an amazing job on this bag ..had to buy the pattern after seeing it. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pleat detail in front.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bag. Love your faux leather and the rivets. Very, very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bag. Love your faux leather and the rivets. Very, very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous bag. Love your faux leather and the rivets. Very, very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This bag is just so beautiful, Liz. Your work is always the best!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...