Wednesday, July 15, 2015

I'm back & the Motherload Tote....

it is time I get off of my "Summer Vacation" butt and get back to blogging!
I have been doing a lot of testing lately, that combined with the heatwave, a sick FIL.. it all just burned me out a bit so I took a break...I didn't realize how long of a break till I was looking for a picture and I realized I haven't blogged about a lot of the stuff I made...so here we go.....
Let start with "The Motherload Tote" by CozyNestDesigns...this design started out as a yoga bag in the testing forum but those that know me, know I don't do yoga (with my bad knees you could never get me up off the mat)    So I decided to make it into a Swimming bag... I swim!
I used a water resistant fabric ( which I actually bought to make my Hubby a swimming bag ...but he can wait ..LOL)
Since the fabric was a bit plain for me...I machine embroidered a seahorse on the front...the design is by Urban Threads...I used webbing for the handles ...also water repellant
...and I used the same water resistant fabric for the inside...I didn't want a wet towel or bathing suit ruining the bag. 
The interior has a cool divider pocket for your shoes or bathing suit ...a zipper pocket for money, keys or cards & a netted pocket for your water bottle &  a big section for everything else.
This really is a Motherload of a tote ( hence the name)

I almost forgot ...the  back also has a big zipper pocket 
This is a good size bag .
21 x 13 x 5 1/2" (53x33x14cm)
....this bag has a lot of possibilities...whether it be a sports bag, swimming, yoga or a mother schlepp everything bag! You will enjoy making it!
The instructions are well written with lots of diagrams ...you shouldn't have an problems...the testers hammered them all out ! LOL
You can find the pattern *here* or *here*
 Speaking of the testers...be sure to check out all the other versions...they are fabulous!! 
I just love the red polka dot one...why didn't I think of that ??
Happy Sewing!

P.S: I'll be linking up with TT- Taschen und Täschen
  • I used a water repellant fabric of the exterior & interior
  • 5mm Headliner foam for the batting 
  • netting for bottle pocket








5 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,
    what an unbelievably practically swimming bag! I love the well-conceived interior and your sea horse.
    Hugs
    Marle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Liz,
    nice to have you back here :O)
    Your new tote is great!
    Happy sewing week to you,
    Hugs, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous bag, Liz. I love the plain blue fabric. It makes that beautiful seahorse stand out on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Die ist ja traumhaft schön.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danke für den lieben Kommentar auf meinem Blog. Diese Tasche ist wunderschön.
    Liebe Grüsse, Hannelore

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...