Thursday, August 6, 2015

Creative Maker Supply Case.....

Since it is to hot to sew, go outside or to move...I decided to grab my laptop and go to the basement & finally blog. (yepeee)

Summer vacation are in full force here ...and some parents might need something to keep there kids busy with ...how about the "Creative Maker Supply Case" by Sara @ Sew Sweetness.
These would be great not only for kids crayons & coloring books, but for crochet hooks, sewing supplies, sewing needle packages & for notes ! You don't have to have the elastic loops on the one side...you can put in another pocket or a zippered pocket...very flexible!
I made mine to hold my Zentangle papers & markers, thats why I chose to use the black & white linen.
Here are a couple pictures of it opened( unfilled) .....
 
 I have to tell you ...I really like this pattern & I enjoyed sewing it ! 
Surprisingly it was easier & faster to sew together then I had imagined! The only thing I will warn you about is if you do use faux leather of the spine / hinge like I did...be careful with the iron!! Otherwise you'll be redoing it like I did!

It comes in 3 sizes...I made the middle size but I definitely want to also make the big & small one since they are so practical ( & cute) !

Pop over to Sara's Blog and have a look at all the other beautiful versions ...and all the things it can be used for!
(there is one made with Alsion Glass fabrics that I am drooling over ...I want that fabric!)

If you can't wait to make your own in all kinds of colors & sizes...You can find the pattern *here

Happy Sewing!



P.S: I'm linking up with TT-TAschen und Taeschen & RUMS

  • I used linen for the exterior & interior
  • faux leather for the hinge/ spine
  • netting fabric for the pocket ( I think this netting fabric is to make tops but it worked) 
  • 5mm headliner of the batting
  • I used S520 but next time I would use a non-fusible one..me & fusibles don't get along!

7 comments:

  1. Wunderschön und soooo praktisch, die Stoffauswahl ist ein Traum, liebe Liz!!!
    Grüße von Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Liz,
    einfach klasse und tolle Farbkombi !!!
    LG
    Gitta

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Liz. I might have to put this on my to do list...I can think of some grandkids that would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz,
    this is great! I love it!
    Have a great weekend,
    Hugs, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your version! I also draw and do some zentangle art for fun.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...