Friday, October 2, 2015

Barrelette Clutch....

today I had planned on blogging about something else but since the Barrelette Clutch is just released ...I figure I'd better tell you about it instead ...because the pattern is on sale on Etsy and Craftsy for $5 this weekend only, then up to $8 on Monday. 
** European readers...buy via Craftsy...you save the crazy new EU taxes !.....but I didn't tell you that !! LOL

This is the Barrelette Clutch ...it comes in 3 variations...plain, gathered or with a bow.
It is 10.5 " x 4" x 2.5"  ( 27cm x 10 cm 7cm)
The nice thing is you only need 2 fabrics ( and not much of it) ...a magnet or turn lock...some Peltex ( Decovil) ..viola !

I decided to make the gathered version.
I had this soft ultra suede fabric ( used for a blouse I think ?? ) ...I laid it on a piece of H200 interfacing...gathered ( scrunched it up a bit) Ironed it on to the interfacing...viola a gathered ultra suede fabric was created ! Super easy & my fabric already had the first interfacing attached.
But best of all I think it makes the clutch extra special....

You can add a tab for a wrist strap if you prefer but i decided on a chain strap version...( *** tip...I picked up a meter of chain from the hardware store for 2€...added 2 snaps to the ends...viola a strap ...I can also use it on other clutches ...clip on...clip off !)
On the sides you can see I left the ultra suede smooth not gathered.

 Since this is a thin clutch I didn't wish to add a pocket but you could if you like ! There is plenty of room for you lipstick & cell phone ...what more does girl need for a dinner out ?? 
Wouldn't this clutch look lovely in the a deep red or black of the holidays??

Don't forget to grab a copy at Etsy or Crafty and also be sure to check out the other 'testers' versions


Happy Sewing 
** I'm linking up with TT - Taschen & Taeschchen

5 comments:

  1. Uiiii, ist die chic, liebe Liz!
    Wunderschöne Stoffe, die Form und die Falten - so elegant, eine Traumtasche!
    Ich kaufe meine Ketten auch immer im Baumarkt :-)

    Hugs
    Marle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Marle...die Baumarkt ist meine zweite Liebling Geschäft ( Frau findet immer etwas!!)

      Delete
  2. Very elegant! How clever of you to make that fabric technique. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norma...Necessity is the Mother of Invention!! LOL

      Delete
  3. Eine wunderschöne Clutch - ein Traum !!! Und die Idee mit der Kette an der Clutch finde ich auch super.
    Bisher habe ich die Ketten noch nie an einer Clutch gesehen.
    Und meine Ketten kaufe ich bei Lindobu.com, die haben so tolle Dinge!

    Übrigens - ich bin zufällig hier gelandet und fand die Seite auf Anhieb richtig klasse - hier kann frau sich wohlfühlen! Glückwunsch!
    Liebe Grüße Marion

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...