Friday, October 23, 2015

Filigree Double-Zip Pouch...

is the name of Sara's of Sew Sweetness newest pattern that I had the pleasure of testing!

Sara generously sent all her testers Renaissance Ribbons for the front of the bag ...but I couldn't wait for the post to arrive rom America...I just had to start sewing the pouch right away !

The pattern includes 3 sizes... small, medium & large.... The pattern was made with quilting & ribbons in mind...as you can see from Sara's examples... but I like to show you other possibilities of how the pouches can look....

I started with the large one....12"W x 8.5" H x 3.5" D
....I made it out of faux suede... I didn't use any batting or headliner since I thought the faux suede was thick enough but when I was done I felt it could of used a bit of headliner for a bit more hold.
I machine embroidered a design on the front..the design is by Kreations of Kara

 I couldn't stop there ..these are so addicting to make...
....I had to try making the medium sized one... 10.5"W x 8"H X 3.5"D
This time I machine embroidered a design on faux leather....design is by Urban Threads. 
I used headliner & it stands up wonderfully on its own.

I forgot to mention the cool feature of this pouch...it has 2 zippers! I purposely made the zippers go in opposite directions..thats my story & I'm sticking to it!! LOL
I still want to make the small size...8"W x 5.5"H x 3.5"D but Sara had designed more patterns & they needed testing... so it'll have to wait a bit!

Here is a comparison of the two sizes !
I would say this an intermediate pattern because of the 2 zippers...
It sews up fast if you don't machine quilt it....( machine quilting takes a bit of time) but does look nice! The pattern has tons of pictures & is well written..I had no problems except for sewing my tab ends...but that was due to the materials I was using...it got thick there !

You can find the pattern *here* ...don't forget to check out the other testers versions...they are lovely & show you how versatile the pattern is! 

Happy Sewing !!



3 comments:

  1. Love the double zipper idea. Your bags are beautiful with the embroidered designs on them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...