Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Free bag pattern...

That gets your attention every time ( it gets mine too!)

DelindaBoutiqueDesigns has come out with a new pattern & she is giving it to us for FREE!!

Your going love this bag !!
Not only because its Free 
but because
you only need two fabrics
and 
you can make it in two hours
 ( picking out fabric time does not count!)

I used this decorator fabric that I have had in my stash forever
...I used no interfacings or batting since the decorator fabric was thick & it suppose to slouch a bit
...if you like a more shaped bag, you can add some thin batting but I wouldn't go to thick.

... I use some old cotton for the lining
...the lining has the same cool pleats like the exterior
..you can add a zipper instead of a slip pocket....I went for easy & fast!

 ...I used a bit of faux leather for the handles.
...Your going to LOVE how she does the handles...super cool & easy!!
I did lengthen the straps by 3" but it would if been easier to lengthen the handle part (...silly me)

I was first nervous about making the flower..I have never done this before & but have to admit I enjoyed it ...I used some of the faux leather from the handles, some Jute band I had from my plants & a bit of lace. I wouldn't recommend using the Jude bad..it was super thick and made sewing it on a bit of an adventure....
but I think it came out cute for my first attempt!

This is a BIG bag!!
20" W x 23" H  ( 51cm x 59cm)
Perfect as a shopping or market bag...or if you like BIG bags your going to love this one!
This is the perfect pattern to use up some of those fabric you have and don't know what to do with ...make some in Christmas fabric or fall ones...anything goes...
just have fun with it !
Go get you FREE pattern *HERE*
Thanks Maria for a fun bag !!
Happy Sewing !


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...