Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October

I can't believe it's October already. Where did the summer go?
I guess it is true that time does go by faster as you get older.!!
I love summer except for those hot hot days, but I do look forward to fall and winter. 
I love how the days get cooler, how the leaves change color. 
How to garden work comes to an end.
I love wearing thick fluffy socks and flannel pajamas 
.....and hot chocolates by the fire.
I love knowing that soon I'll be decorating the house in Christmasy colors.
I love going to the Christmas markets, drinking hot punches, baking Christmas cookies and singing "fa la la" to my hearts content!
Then there's the promise of fresh New Year.

But before I get ahead of myself ...I have to dig out a few fall decorations and then look for those fluffy thick socks.


Hello October!!! ...You could of warned me you were coming...I would of baked a cake!!

Happy Sewing!!












12 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,
    lovely colours in your garden and on your socks :O)))
    Yes, time is running faster, with every year we are getting older , I think the same!
    Happy october to you,
    Love and hugs,
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Liz,
    mit Deinen schönen Bildern weckst Du die Vorfreude auf den Herbst und die Adventszeit. Ich kann mich immer so schwer vom Sommer trennen! Aber Du hast Recht: nichts geht über warme Socken! *ggg*
    Liebe Grüße
    Valomea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy greetings to your socks ;-) (and to you and hubby)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool blog. Even here in the desert, fall is upon us. I love many of the same things you do! I miss seeing the fall colors that we saw in the mountains in NC. The desert is far more subtle. There is a criso smell in the air and temperatures are much more pleasant. Love your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool blog. Even here in the desert, fall is upon us. I love many of the same things you do! I miss seeing the fall colors that we saw in the mountains in NC. The desert is far more subtle. There is a criso smell in the air and temperatures are much more pleasant. Love your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool blog. Even here in the desert, fall is upon us. I love many of the same things you do! I miss seeing the fall colors that we saw in the mountains in NC. The desert is far more subtle. There is a criso smell in the air and temperatures are much more pleasant. Love your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Klasse Socken.
    Ich liebe den Herbst und kann mich gut vom Sommer trennen.
    LG
    Gitta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I like your fire place! Beautiful autumn colours here too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Liz,, Are you getting my emails Hugs Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Liz,, Are you getting my emails Hugs Susan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...